The lives of Iowans are positively impacted when communities support prevention services. By working with IDPH funded agencies and coalitions to explore opportunities for prevention services, the onset of substance misuse and/or problem gambling behaviors can be greatly reduced.
Prevention Specialists, serving all 99 counties in Iowa, work collaboratively to provide the most current information specific to alcohol, tobacco, illicit drugs and problem gambling. Services available include but are not limited to the following:
- Drug-Free Workplace and/or problem gambling presentations;
- Prevention resources for all ages;
- Evidence-Based programming for elementary, middle and high school youth;
- Responsible Beverage Server Training
- Assistance with policy development;
- ...and more
To contact a prevention agency nearest you, click on the following link: Prevention Agency Locator.