Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts or death by suicide impact many Iowans. Suicide does not discriminate and can affect anyone. September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month—a time to share resources and information in an effort to raise awarness and reach out to those affected by suicide, and connect individuals with suicidal ideation to available help. It is important that individuals, friends and families have access to information and the resources to discuss suicide prevention.
- Know the Warning Signs and Risk of Suicide
- Help for Family and Friends
- Helpful Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Suicide Prevention Month: Ideas for Action (Suicide Prevention Resource Center)
- Need more information, referrals or support? Click on Live Chat, call (855) 581-8111(855) 581-8111, or text (855) 895-8398(855) 895-8398
- If you or someone you know is in a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately.
- If you are in crisis or have thoughts of suicide, click on Live Chat, call (855) 581-8111(855) 581-8111, or text (855) 895-8398(855) 895-8398 to be connected to a trained crisis counselor at no cost.