This webinar will describe the scope of problem, discuss theories as to why youth die by suicide and provide standards of care and treatment protocols for working with youth experiencing suicide ideation. Two guest speakers will present their lived experience of losing their child to suicide.
- Recognize risk factors specific to youth suicide
- Discriminate between evidenced based and best practice interventions for suicide safety
- Describe standards of care when working with a youth who expresses suicide ideation and/or behaviors
- CEUs Approved: 3.25 hrs. / Counseling Theories & Techniques or Special Populations (Iowa Board of Certification)
- Participants must register and provide their name, and attend the entire session to be eligible. Upon completing registration, you will receive a confirmation email.