Suicide safety plans are an important component in providing suicide safe care. Participants will learn how to use the evidence-based Stanley Brown safety plan template to conduct collaborative safety plans for individuals with thoughts of suicide. The presenter will share lessons learned from his many years of clinical experience and personal experience with suicide safety planning.
- Participants will be able to identify how safety planning is an intervention that helps save lives.
- Participants will be able to see the value of collaborative safety planning versus clinician driven safety planning.
- Participants will learn about the value of counseling on access to lethal means while doing safety plans.
- CEUs Approved: 2 hrs. / Counseling Theories & Techniques (Iowa Board of Certification)
- Participants must register and provide their name, and attend the entire session to be eligible. Upon completing registration, you will receive a confirmation email.