Find peer support
For more information on local, national and online recovery support groups, follow the links below:
Please note, IDPH cannot guarantee the accuracy of meeting information listed on linked sites.
- Adult Children of Alcoholics(ACOA)
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Chemically Dependent Anonymous Online Resource Center (CDA)
- Co-Anon Family Groups A fellowship of husbands, wives, parents, relatives or close friends of someone who is addicted to cocaine.
- Co-Dependents Anonymous(CoDa) A fellowship of men and women whose common purpose is to develop healthy relationships.
- Crystal Meth Anonymous A 12-step program for those in recovery from all drugs, specifically crystal meth.
- Debtors Anonymous Recovery from problems with debt.
- Dual Recovery Anonymous (DRA) A 12 step, self-help organization for people with a dual diagnosis World Network Central Office.
- Gamblers Anonymous(GA) A fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem.
- Gam-Anon For the spouse, family or close friends of compulsive gamblers.
- LifeRing is an abstinence-based, worldwide network of individuals seeking to live in recovery from addiction to alcohol, or to other non-medically indicated drugs.
- Marijuana Anonymous Marijuana Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from marijuana addiction.
- Nar-Anon Nar-Anon members are relatives and friends who are concerned about the addiction or drug problem of another.
- Nicotine Anonymous A 12-step fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives.
- Overcomers Outreach A Christian ministry that utilizes the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous along with scriptures. It offers support to those with a wide variety of mental health problems that includes addictions, depression and relationship difficulties.
- Overeaters Anonymous (OA) A program of recovery from compulsive overeating using the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions of OA.
- Recoveries Anonymous! A 12-step program especially for those who, despite their best efforts, have yet to find the recoveries that they are looking for. R.A. is open to everyone, including family and friends.
- Sex Addicts Anonymous Sex Addicts Anonymous is fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so they may overcome their sexual addiction and help others recover from sexual addiction or dependency.
- SMART Recovery (Self-Management And Recovery Training) Face-to-face and online mutual support groups to help people recover from all types of addictive behaviors, including alcoholism, drug abuse, substance abuse, drug addiction, alcohol abuse, gambling addiction, cocaine addiction, sex addiction and addiction to other substances and activities.
During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, many recovery support groups offer online meetings. Please check the websites below for needed links and information.
- Al-Anon/Alateen For friends and relatives of alcoholics
- Alcoholics Anonymous (Iowa- Area 24) A fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
- Celebrate Recovery Celebrating God's healing power in your life
- Cocaine Anonymous, Iowa A fellowship of men and women in recovery from their addiction.
- C.R.U.S.H. of Iowa (Community Resources United to Stop Heroin) List of heroin addiction support group meetings in Linn County.
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Iowa Dual Recovery Anonymous (IDRA) The primary purpose of DRA is to help one another achieve dual recovery, to prevent relapse, and to carry the message of recovery to others who experience a dual disorder.
- Narcotics Anonymous, Iowa (NA) A fellowship of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem.
- AA Online Intergroup
- Staying Cyber: AA Meetings for the WWW
- Online Al-Anon
- Cocaine Anonymous Online
- LifeRing Chat Room
- Marijuana Anonymous online meetings
- Miracles in Progress Online Group (Narcotics Anonymous)
- Nicotine Anonymous Internet Meetings
- Overeaters Anonymous
- SMART Recovery Online
- Women For Sobriety Program online community
Not finding what you’re looking for?