MHDS Regions are the local entity responsible for administering Iowa's community-based, person-centered mental health and disability services system. The MHDS Regions are responsible for:
- Providing access to a full array of services including crisis services, inpatient and outpatient mental health services, and daily living supports
- Funding core services for individuals who meet regional eligibility criteria
- Connecting individuals to services and supports
Find your MHDS Region here.
Find your MHDS Regional CEO contacts here.
Find your MHDS Regional Coordinators of Adult Disability Services here.
Find your MHDS Regional Coordinators of Children's Behavioral Health Services here.
MHDS Regions have established regional websites that provide more information on the services and supports available in their counties. Regional websites are available below:
- Central Iowa Community Services
- County Rural Offices of Social Services
- County Social Services
- Eastern Iowa MHDS Region
- Heart of Iowa Region
- MHDS Services of the East Central Region
- Northwest Iowa Care Connections
- Polk County Health Services
- Rolling Hills Community Services Region
- Sioux Rivers MHDS
- South Central Behavioral Health
- Southeast Iowa Link
- Southern Hills Regional Mental Health
- Southwest Iowa MHDS Region