The Iowa Gambling Treatment Program also provides assistance to the family and friends of the problem gambler.
Family and friends can access assistance and counseling to learn strategies to help themselves and the problem gambler, like:
- Confronting and ceasing enabling behaviors
- Restoring normal life routines
- Reinforcing appropriate actions for recovery
- Distancing themselves from the problem behavior
- Not blaming themselves for the problem, but taking responsibility for their own lives
If someone you know has a gambling problem, we are here to help!
- Help for Parents Knowing what to look for is the first step to helping the kids in your life. Learn the warning signs.
- Help for Teens It can be hard to know when you have a problem. Take these risk assessment quizzes to help you figure it out.