Needing local substance abuse prevention services?
Substance abuse prevention services are available in all 99 Iowa counties through the Comprehensive Substance Abuse Prevention Grant. This grant provides primary
prevention services on alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) abuse and focuses on the following:
- Implements evidence-based programs for substance abuse prevention
- Collaborates and coordinates with other substance abuse providers and community partners
- Provides services to culturally diverse populations
- Develops, increases, and sustains substance abuse community coalition capacity
- Increases youth involvement in policy development and involves youth in community ATOD-focused coalitions