Drinking Driver Education Class
Substance Use Evaluation
Adult Male and Female
1221 PierceSioux City, IA 51101
- Substance Abuse Assessment and Treatment is multidimensional and individualized approach to treatment that addresses alcohol and drug abuse that has resulted in harm to a person's health, well-being, relationships, and productivity.
- Mental Health Therapy is strength-based approach to alleviating psychological symptoms, stress and strengthening families. TSI offers therapeutic services to children, adolescents, and adults for individual, family, and group sessions.
- Behavioral Health Intervention Services (BHIS) is a service offered for individuals who have disruptions in their daily living due to mental health issues. Services are communicated through experiential teaching of the following skills: Cognitive Flexibility Skills, Communication Skills; Conflict Resolution Skills; Emotional; Regulation Skills; Executive Function (planning, verbal reasoning, inhibition, and multi-tasking) Interpersonal Relationship Skills; Problem Solving Skills and Social Skills.
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) is a specialized therapeutic training that teaches caregivers specific behavior management techniques as they play with their child. This is a particularly helpful to parents who have abused drugs or alcohol to regain or learn parenting techniques and focuses on improving the caregiver-child relationship and increasing children’s positive behavior.
- Eye Movement Reprocessing and Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) is an integrative approach which targets involves a three- pronged protocol (1-past memories, 2-present disturbance, 3-future actions). Individuals who have had significant trauma and need assistance in alleviating the symptoms and address the complete clinical picture is a candidate for EMDR. The goal of EMDR therapy is to process completely the experiences that are causing problems, and to include new ones that are needed for full health.
- Supervised Visitation: Visits are supervised by a staff member to observe the interaction between parent and child. Referrals are accepted from attorneys or parents who need to have court ordered supervised visits. Many times, parents who use drugs and alcohol are court ordered to have supervised visitation.
- Iowa Domestic Abuse Program (IDAP): Our program guides group members to make different choices than they have made in the past and to engage in behaviors consistent with their personal values. TSI offers separate groups for male and female clients.