The Iowa Department of Public Health will be offering a Problem Gambling Services Lunch and Learn webinar series. The series consists of 24 one-hour sessions to be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the noon hour beginning April 13, 2021 and concluding on July 1, 2021.
- Increase understanding and knowledge of the history of gambling in Iowa
- Expand understanding on what is gambling and the continuum of problem gambling.
- Learn about and how to implement effective outreach strategies to increase program enrollment and building effective community referral pathways.
- Learn effective and evidence based treatment strategies/techniques including assessment, treatment planning, treatment implementation and recovery support.
- Understand and learn the impacts of gambling on family dynamics and finances and how to incorporate into treatment.
Participants will learn and expand their understanding of gambling, the continuum of problem gambling and gambling treatment (how to assess, plan and implement person centered treatment and recovery support) and the outreach efforts necessary to raise awareness of problem gambling and to enhance/building community referral pathways.
- April 13 &15: Introduction to Gambling Treatment (Part 1 & 2)
- April 20 & 22: Gambling Assessment (Part 1 & 2)
- April 27 &29: Gambling: ASAM Criteria (Part 1 & 2)
- May 4 & 6: Gambling Pathways (Part 1 & 2)
- May 11, 13, 18, 20: Gambling Counseling (Part 1, 2, 3 & 4)
- May 25 & 27, June 1 &3: Gambling Finances (Part 1, 2, 3 & 4)
- June 8 & 10: Gambling: Family Dynamics (Part 1 &2)
- June 15 & 17: Gambling: Criminal Justice (Part 1 & 2)
- June 22 &24: Managing Gambling Recovery (Part 1 & 2)
- June 29 & July 1: Community Outreach (Part 1 & 2)
CEUs: CEUs have been applied for with the Iowa Board of Certification. Participants must register and provide their name, and attend the entire hour of each session to be eligible for CEU’s.