This training is designed for substance misuse prevention and problem gambling prevention staff and supervisors, coalition leaders and members, and others interested in prevention in Iowa.
CEUs have been applied for with the Iowa Board of Certification
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), “Wellness incorporates many dimensions of health, each of which is interconnected within an individual’s total well-being. SAMHSA’s Wellness Initiative supports embracing the Eight Dimensions of Wellness—emotional, environmental, financial, intellectual, occupational, physical, social, and spiritual—to achieve longevity and improved quality of life.” This webinar will explore the eight dimensions of wellness including:
· Their impact on behavioral health, including substance use
· Integrating wellness into prevention practices
· How communities can take action to improve health
This interactive webinar will also include tips, tools and templates for assessing and taking action to increase wellness in participants professional and personal lives
Did you know:
· Wellness is especially important for people with behavioral health conditions because it directly relates to their quality of life and longevity.
· Individuals diagnosed with mental illnesses die years earlier than the general population, with heart disease being the prime culprit.
· Unaddressed trauma can also impact overall well-being.