Webinar Series for Behavioral Health Service Providers and Partners
The Behavioral Health (BH) & Brain Injury (BI) Webinar Series occurs on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm via Zoom. Sessions will be recorded and available for playback by request.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa sponsored events. If you are a person who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar Series Dates and Topics
- April 12, 2023 | Overview of Brain Injury and Behavioral Health | Maria Crowley, NASHIA
- May 10, 2023 | Importance of Screening for Brain Injury in Behavioral Health Settings | Judy Dettmer, NASHIA, Jim Pender, Iowa HHS & June Klein
- June 14, 2023 | Interaction of Medications and Substances with Brain Injuries | Dr. Lindsey Gurin , NYU Langone Health
- July 12, 2023 | Neurobehavioral Challenges in Acquired Brain Injury: Embracing the Challenge with Dignity | Dave Anders, On With Life
- August 9, 2023 | Brain Injury and Housing Insecurity: Understanding the Connection | Caitlin Synovec, NASHIA
- September 13, 2023 | Hidden in Plain Sight: The Role of Domestic Violence, Traumatic Stress, and Brain Injury in Behavioral Health | Rachel Ramirez & Cheryl Stahl, Ohio Domestic Violence
The Behavioral Health and Brain Injury Webinar Series is sponsored in partnership by Iowa’s University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) and Iowa’s Department of Health and Human Services (Iowa HHS) as part of the Behavioral Health (BH) and Brain Injury (BI) Leading Practices Academy (LPA) administered by National Association of State Head Injury Administrators (NASHIA).